CYLINDER KIT 450CCM ATHENA STANDARD CYLINDER KIT – fits -> See Vehicle Fitment Tab
Athena cylinder set
For over 10 years, Athena has been investing in the best and most modern technologies for the manufacture of cylinders and their components, which are used not only by OE manufacturers, but also by the best racing teams in the world.
Last but not least, the production of aluminum cylinders is constantly improved through cooperation with the best Italian universities as well as constant further development requests from the best engine tuners.
Thanks to a flexible production department, Athena can react efficiently to different situations (production batches from OE manufacturers, small quantities, construction of a prototype for racing teams).
Athena cylinders are made from high quality aluminum alloys. They are manufactured taking into account the latest technologies and coated with a nickel-silicon alloy. After all cylinders have gone through rigorous quality controls, they meet the highest standards in terms of reliability, durability and performance.
– A special 3D software is able to generate virtual simulations and mechanical loads
– Aluminum cylinders are cast in steel molds and manufactured with CNC machines (thousandths of a tolerance can thus be guaranteed in all manufacturing phases)
– Revised water channels to increase capacity
– Cylinder liners consist of a special mixture of silicon carbide and nickel to ensure the best running performance of the piston and the best durability of the cylinder
– Tested at an interior temperature of approx. 20 degrees, for the best possible control of the bores and the cylinders
– Cylinder surfaces are completely flat to eliminate any fit inaccuracies
Material of the cylinder: aluminum
Type of cooling: water-cooled
Bore: 96 mm
Stroke: 62.10 mm
Displacement: 449.5 cc
Compression: 11.5: 1
Piston pin diameter: 19 mm
Number of piston rings: 3
Upper piston ring thickness: 1 mm
Thickness of the second piston ring: 1.2 mm
Oil ring thickness: 2.5 mm
Cylinder head: Not included in the scope of delivery
Maximum performance on the crankshaft: 52.1 HP / 8700 rpm