CYLINDER KIT 280CCM ATHENA BIG BORE CYLINDER KIT – fits -> See Vehicle Fitment Tab
Athena cylinder set
For more than 10 years Athena has been investing in the best and most advanced technologies for the production of cylinders and their components, which are used not only by OE manufacturers, but also the best racing teams in the world.
The production of aluminum cylinders is, last but not least, constantly improved through cooperation with the best Italian universities and with continuous development requests from the best engine tuners.
Thanks to a flexible production department, Athena can react efficiently to different situations (production batches of OE manufacturers, small quantities, construction of a prototype for racing teams).
Athena cylinders are made of high quality aluminum alloys. They are manufactured using the latest technologies and coated with a nickel-silicon alloy. After undergoing rigorous quality controls, all cylinders meet the highest standards of reliability, longevity and performance.
– A special 3D software is able to generate virtual simulations and mechanical loads
– Aluminum cylinders are cast in steel molds and manufactured with CNC machines (thousandths of tolerances can thus be guaranteed in all production phases)
– Revised water channels to increase capacity
– Cylinder liners are made of a special silicone carbide and nickel compound to ensure the best piston life and best cylinder life
– Tested at an interior temperature of about 20 degrees, for the best possible control of the holes and the cylinder
– Cylinder surfaces are perfectly flat to eliminate any fit inaccuracies
Material of the cylinder: aluminum
Type of cooling: water-cooled
Bore: 82 mm
Stroke: 52.20 mm
Displacement: 280 ccm
Compaction: 13.5: 1
Piston pin diameter: 16 mm
Cylinder head: Not included
Maximum power at the crankshaft: 38.2 HP / 11600 rpm
Torque: 28.6 Nm / 7640 rpm